Friday, July 30, 2010

Diary of a Painting (continued.4)

Dear Diary:  I'm sorry I didn't get to paint much today!  Dad and I went to WalMart this morning. Then we stopped by the "curb market" (fruit stand) and bought fresh blueberries and peaches.  By the time the physical therapist was finished with mom and I had made "'mater sandwiches" for lunch, it was already almost 2 PM!  I made a pot of strong decaf (?) and chatted with Tim for a few minutes.  I was just priming the painting with Liquin when a customer came into the gallery to pick up a custom piece.  He was a nice chatty fellow, happy to talk about pottery, and talk and talk and talk.....  It was 3 PM when I laid out my paints and had just started painting when Mom called and asked where the Benadryl might be.  I told her where I thought it was and she said Dad would look for it.  Three minutes later she called again and said, nope, not there.  Okay.  Be right there.  I walked home in a gentle drizzling rain, found the Benadryl, and walked back again.  It was then 3:20. So, there it is.  I painted until 4 PM and then cleaned up.  As I was waiting for Tim to unlock the truck door for me, he checked the mailbox and found the acceptance letter from the Foundry Art Centre, informing me that two of my paintings have been accepted in the upcoming show:  Painting: The Artful Palette (August 27 - October 8.)

There will be days like this.

No comments: